Thursday, March 28, 2013

Almost Friday

Thursday .... that day when it's "Almost Friday" :)   Haha!  Here's a shout out to my wonderful and fun work team mate Kathryn.   It's always "Almost Friday" in our world ... unless we're happy dancing that it is Friday!   Woohoo!  

I love Friday's even more now that our Color My Heart Color Dare Challenges are on Fridays!  Always something to look forward to.   There were GREAT entries last week,  hop on over and check them out for some great inspiration.   This week,  Challenge #36 is using Outdoor Denim, Blush, Hollyhock and Sunset.   These colors are found in the paper pack Claire (hint, hint) but if you're like me you don't have that paper pack (gasp! I know) it was pretty fun to try to come up with something.  The background paper is from Chantilly.   

The sketch I used this week is from Sketch Frenzy Friday.    

Supplies:  All CTMH - DSP Chantilly,  CS Outdoor Denim, Sunset, Hollyhock;  Stamps C1494 Card Word Puzzle,  D1476 Card Chatter, D1477 Universal Backgrounds;  Ink Hollyhock, Sunset, Outdoor Denim,  Buttons Pink Assortment

10 comments:

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Love your card, Lela! You did a great job of combining these colors without using Claire! All of the elements fit very nicely with the sketch you chose! thanks for the inspiration!
:) Marie

Becca-expressions said...

So very pretty. I love the strip of Sunset against the pink background. I never think of combining orange and pink, but it WORKS. I really love how you used so many layers of different stamps and colors on the back panel without the sentiment getting swallowed up. And those buttons are adorable! It's really amazing how many extra touches you added without overwhelming any one part. Great job!!

canadian_liner said...

I think i mentioned in an earlier Dare post that orange was my favorite colour when i was a kid...So I LOVE that strip of border-punched Sunset down the side of your card. I'm with Becca on the inspired use of the Chantilly paper and the amazing job you did layering stamps for your sentiment strip. Happy Friday! ;)

Shelly Nemitz said...

So pretty. I just want to study this card for all of its details.

sarahstone said...

I love all the little details on your card, Lela. I really like how you mixed up papers and stamps to get the right look! Great job!

Pam said...

The details on this card are wonderful and very peaceful. I would so appreciate that card in the mail. Great job!

Deb said...

Beautiful card! Love all the many great details! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

craftystamper said...

Wonderful card with lots of detail. Thanks for joining us at SFF this week.

Patrice Herrera said...

So many wonderful elements you added to this card! It is really very pretty!. That color combination paired with our sketch worked great. Thanks so much for joining us over at SFF We hope to see more of your creations real soon!

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Sooooooo beautiful! Each detail is amazing...I am loving taking it all in, Lela! Super-job! :)

Day 2 -- I miss ya

Day 2 of #the100DayProject.   Today's Card is from a Sketch from Sketch-N-Scrap #46 .  I actually got it playing along with the April ...