Saturday, February 16, 2008

Rejoice!


I had a conversation with my oldest son the other day about not taking what I tell him out of context. If you have children or been the boss and had employees, you know how frustrating and crazy that can make you. Fast forward to today. I'm grumbling away while I'm cleaning the house, increasing the complaints when I get to the bathroom. Suddenly, a verse pops into my head, "This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24) "yea, ok, except when you're cleaning the bathroom". Well, and then there's also the Saturday mornings the alarm clock goes off at 0600 because Brandon has to go the gym and the nights I have to rush home only to find everyone is hungry and no one has started anything for dinner, and the list went on....It was then it hit me that I like my sons was adding *asterisks*, exceptions to what my Father has said! He didn't say that on day's you feel like it, when you're not busy or on days you don't have to clean....Laugh! No! He said "rejoice". How easy it is to grumble. Psalm 68:3, "...May the righteous be glad and rejoice before God; may they be happy and joyful." So it seemed alittle strange but I turned up the Praise music and finished the housework. You know, it really wasn't as bad that way :)


Finishing the house stuff early gave me time to get another scrappin' page done today! There was a GREAT Challenge on SCS yesterday on the Scrapbook Diva Challenge #14, use stamps for the border and use more than 5 stamps. I hid the journaling. This picture is very special to me because we were leaving Florida and it was just the 5 of us out to dinner one last time before we left. We had a great time just chatting and reminiscing about our vacation and other fun family moments. Very Fun Challenge! Easy to "Rejoice", LOL! Scrapbook Supplies: Paper: CTMH SerendipityDSP, Stamps: CTMH Serendipity, Rustic Alpha, Ink: CTMH Indian Corn Blue, Chocolate

No comments:

Day 2 -- I miss ya

Day 2 of #the100DayProject.   Today's Card is from a Sketch from Sketch-N-Scrap #46 .  I actually got it playing along with the April ...