Thursday, January 17, 2008

Mom Moments


I love being a Mom. My sons are so Inspiring, Fun, Wonderful guys...but of course they're teenagers and if I said any of that to them they would probably (a.) Look at me funny and walk away (b.) Ignore me and ask "what's for dinner?" (c.) Tell me I'm having a "Mom Moment - snap out of it" or (d.) All of the Above. As you know, sometimes being a Mom is painful. Watching your children go through the ups and downs of life is hard. I read somewhere that it's better for them to experience disappointment when they are younger and you're there to hold their hand through it and help them learn to cope than have to experience it for the first time when they are a young adult out on their own. I can only hope that's true. I can't imagine ever not being there to "hold their hand" but I guess that day will come. Right now, I've got it tightly, refusing to let go. My layout today is inspired by such a moment. This layout is from another Pencil Lines Sketch #65. I scraplifted Ania's version of this as it was just perfect for the picture I wanted to include in my son's book. I've done alot better recently of scrapping life versus just events. Here's one of those "life" pages. Paper: Misc Scraps , Stamps: CTMH Legendary Moments, Ink: SU! Green Galore, Basic Black, Basic gray, Embellishment: Imagination Project Coasters

1 comment:

Tracie H said...

What a great take on the sketch:)
Make sure you email a copy into the Pencil Lines gallery - there is a fab RAK up for grabs.

Day 2 -- I miss ya

Day 2 of #the100DayProject.   Today's Card is from a Sketch from Sketch-N-Scrap #46 .  I actually got it playing along with the April ...