Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Blast to the Past


Oh my, my, my ... after 14 days of our Countdown to Valentine Love I guess I really jumped off the deep end creatively to see what I could come up with that was something different. I saw the challenge this week at Pals Paper Arts was to come up with a Vintage Card and this is what I came up with. "Vintage" is quite a stretch for me creatively because it's just not my nature to have all these layers and distressing but after I quit fiddling and uploaded, it's growing on me. My DH really liked it so that's good. I also decided to make this card a 5x7 card and use the sketch for Week 2 on SCS Viva-La-Verve Challenge. Challenges are good, they keep the creative juices fresh...not to mention since I had the stamps it was fun to put them to good use. Supplies: CTMH Paper Passages, CTMH Stamps Vintage Postcard, Wonderful Friend, CTMH Ink Bamboo, Desert Sand, Chocolate, Black, Cocoa, Autumn Terracotta, Encore Copper, Versamark, CTMH Holiday Buttons

3 comments:

Cards by Gina said...

Such a pretty vintage-y card! Thanks for playing along with us at PPA this week.

Tanya said...

This is so lovely!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a gorgeous card- beautiful vintage design!

Day 2 -- I miss ya

Day 2 of #the100DayProject.   Today's Card is from a Sketch from Sketch-N-Scrap #46 .  I actually got it playing along with the April ...