Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy New Year!




Happy 2012! Welcome to a New Year! I loved the holidays but sure glad to be back crafting. Let the fun begin for a new year. Tonight I worked late so didn't have time for alot other than getting some cards done for my Card Angel Sisters. I know it's supposed to warm up here in Ohio and the snow might melt but it's January so I'm thinking ... flakes and hearts. After all it's almost February, my favorite holiday month for Valentines!





I used sketch #15 from Freshly Made Sketches. It was just perfect for showing off the pretty new CTMH Winter paper I have "Wonderland". I found some lace in my PIF box that went wonderfully and I scoured my Scrap/Stamp/Office for some Vellum to complete the Perfect Sentiments #13 only to realize it didn't turn out as sparkly as I like Valentines. I have 1 little piece of Vellum left, I just might have to try again this weekend for another look but here's my first one! Enjoy!


Supplies: Paper - CTMH Wonderland; Ink - CTMH Grey Wool, Petal; Stamps - CTMH Winter Joy; CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Cart, MM Snowflake Brads; Crystal Stickles











14 comments:

Samantha said...

I love the soft, feel of the valentine it is like a warm hug on a cold day. Thanks for joing us at the Perfect Sentiment.

Margaret said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Perfect Sentiments.

Sarah Bennett said...

What a pretty card. I love that vellum snowflake. Thanks for joining us at The Perfect Sentiment!

jan farnworth said...

love the accents on your pretty card thanks for joining us at the perfect sentiment.

Tabitha said...

Thank you so much for playing along. I love how you used your vellum.

Ashley said...

Beautiful card! :) Thanks for joining us this week at The Perfect Sentiment!

Ashley
http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

Jennipher said...

This is such a sweet card Lela. So soft and pretty with the lace. Thanks for joining us again at The Perfect Sentiment.

Em said...

Nice card! Very soft purple feeling.

Sheila Wilson said...

Love the color of your card. Very different approach. Your blog is nice.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Vdery nice card- love the fun sentiment too!

Joy said...

really nice feel

Sassy said...

Who says Valentine's have to be red? This is so warm, Lela! Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Perfect Sentiment.

Jessica Pascarella said...

Great non-traditional Valentine's Day card! Thanks for joining us at Perfect Sentiment!

Scrappin Abby said...

Hi Lela...very pretty card and I love your use of the vellum..so delicate looking. Thanks for playing along with the Perfect Sentiment :)

Day 2 -- I miss ya

Day 2 of #the100DayProject.   Today's Card is from a Sketch from Sketch-N-Scrap #46 .  I actually got it playing along with the April ...